Identification of flood and sediment control measures for 20 sub-basins in K.Maraş province.
Hydrological calculations to dimension and design of necessary control structures
- Data was collected including, digital terrain model, rainfall, river level and flow, tide levels, soil type, land use)
- Locations of historical flood events were determined and modelling results were compared with the historical flood event results.
- Tide levels were incorporated during hydraulic analyses,
- The locations and numbers of necessary hydro-meteorological measuring stations for early warning system have been determined and recommended,
- Nature based solutions were proposed (green environment around the river bed),
- Prioritization of investment options for urban resilience were identified.